Monday, October 22, 2007

Monday Morning Meal

It's been ages since I've posted anything of real subsistence here! Now that I know what's up with my life for the next 6 months (at least) I will make an effort to maintain my little quaint foodie blog.

The light was so lovely coming into my kitchen window that I had to snap this picture. It's not a photographic victory, but I think is conveys something warm and comforting. It snowed most of the day yesterday, and I have the heat cranked up today. The bright sun streaming in was very warm and comforting. Which I thought was very fitting for my breakfast of hot tea and peanut butter and toast.

I'm mad about green tea, and I have about a dozen different types in my pantry to choose from. The selection of the morning is 100% organic Genmai Cha with roasted brown rice. It's so light and nutty, and partnered well with my whole wheat toast and peanut butter. I've never been a fan of peanut butter growing up, but I'm finding as I'm getting older I've finally acquired a taste for it. Plus I was all out of butter and needed something to spread to avoid dry toast!

I have to admit that I've been in a bit of a slump lately. I think it was the stress of my job and wondering where I'll be and when I'll be there. Now I've got a better sense of what's happening, so I can get back to the things that I enjoy such as cooking for friends, cooking for myself, and taking pictures.

Everyone that knows me knows that I love writing and expression, so I'm back in the saddle again. Or back in the kitchen again would be more fitting.

No comments: