Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sorry I Have Been Out of the Kitchen

It's been a long, long time. I can't believe it's been a year since I cooked, photographed, ate and posted something delicious and beautiful.

It's been a very busy year with great additions to my life and some not so great discoveries about my life. I met, fell in love, and married my husband, Dale. He's in Iraq now and I long for the day to see him again.

I was also diagnosed as a pre-diabetic earlier in this year. So, I had to drastically change my eating habits to try to stave off the full blown type 2 diabetes. Obviously this has put a damper on my love for cooking and eating. I must admit that I ate with vigor and most likely to excess like so many of us do. Unfortunately with me getting older (turned the big four-o) and the metabolism isn't like it used to be plus I have the history of diabetes in the family (Korean Granny has been diabetic forever) has taken it's toll.

Of course I started to count carbs and was quite depressed when I realized that I couldn't dive face first into a deep dish of pasta or eat a whole two foot long French baguette on my own anymore. I boycotted cooking and photographing and posting.

Now with some time on my hands I have come to the acceptance that life is too short as it is and I'd rather have quality than excessive quantity. My granny is after all pushing 90 and she's done pretty well for herself with this ailment. I am going to get back into cooking delicious meals and try to be a bit more healthier. We'll see how my new venture in the food world will go. So, I've got some ideas and my cookbooks out. I bought a new kick-ass camera with so many bells and whistles on it and I'm ready to head back into the kitchen. More to follow.

No comments: