Monday, October 29, 2007

Steamed Mandu

These are so delicious and so simple. I don't make them, but rather buy them frozen. These are usually available at most Asian food stores and some really well stocked ethnic food sections in local grocery stores.

I specifically used Korean dumplings, but you can use Chinese, Japanese...whatever you like. I don't have a steamer, but I use a make shift one.

I take a small pot, put in about 2 inches of water and bring that to a boil. Then I take a metal collindar that I have and once the water is boiling, set the collindar inside of the pan. Make sure that the water isn't boiling into the collindar. Spray the collindar with non-stick spray.

Arrange the frozen dumplings and cover with a lid. I use the one that comes with the small pot. Lower the heat so the water is aggressively simmering. In about 7-9 minutes your dumplings should be ready. Serve with soy sauce and enjoy!

No comments: